Carter's Tavern and Wine Cellar
Fine dining is reason alone to visit the 1906 Pine Crest Inn. Our charming, full service Fox and Hounds Bar offers a wide range of libations, as well as our Wine Spectator award-winning wine list.
"Our philosophy at the historic 1906 Pine Crest Inn & Restaurant is to embrace the bounty of fresh seasonal ingredients that highlight the efforts of local farmers and food artisans."
Our classically trained chefs prepare a tantalizing breakfast daily, which is complimentary for each guest lodging at the Inn. Distinctive gourmet dinners are served Friday and Saturday evenings. Carter's Tavern, furnished in the style of an English Tavern, serves new American cuisine featuring fresh, organic, regional ingredients. Our chefs craft daily menus to reflect seasonal offerings and market availability.
We request reservations for each meal to assure we are able to provide only the highest quality service and utmost attention for your dining experience.
A Sample Breakfast Menu for our Guests
- Lemon Ricotta Waffle with Homemade Blueberry Syrup OR
- Herbed Zucchini, Yellow Sweet Pepper, Leek & Cheddar Omelette with Yellow Stone Ground Grits
Served with: Cherrywood Smoked Bacon
Accompanied by: Blueberry Scone with Fresh Fruit
A Sample Dinner Menu for our Guests
- Fruit and Cheese 7
- Green Salad 7
- Osso Buco 31
- Herb Rubbed, Braised Carolina Bison Shank with Wild Mushroom Sauce | Pairs beautifully with our 2002 Louis M Martini Sonoma Cabernet Sauvignon
- Salmon 25
- Wild Caught Alaskan Salmon Fillet topped with Lemon Chive Butter | Try this entrée with our 2003 Hugel Cuvee Les Amours Pinot Blanc
*Each of the above are served with a starch and seasonal vegetables.
- Ravioli 17
- Organic Pasta Stuffed with Ricotta and Spinach then Topped with a Light Cream Sauce and Fresh Herbs | Enjoy this dish with our Hugel Couvee les Amours Pinot Blanc
- Dark Chocolate Mousse 7
- Seasonal Fruit Crisp (a la mode) 6, 8
- Experience our 2001 Renwood Orange Muscat with your dessert
Fox and Hounds Bar
The 1906 Pine Crest Inn's delightfully intimate Fox and Hound Bar offers a variety of fine domestic and imported beers, distinctive spirits, and tempting after-dinner aperitifs to complement dining or relaxing. We keep over 30 different brands of single-malt scotch on-hand, as well as 20+ brands of premium vodka.
We take great pride in our world-class wine list, winner of the Wine Spectator Best of Award of Excellence (the 2-glass award) for thirteen years. Each of our over 2,000 different selections is stored with great care in our private wine cellars allowing you to select the prefect wine for any meal or occassion.
Cocktails and hors d'oeuvres are offered in the Inn's lobby or on the veranda each evening dinner is served. Join us at your leisure to make ready for a gracious meal at our own Cartern's Tavern and Wine Cellar.